Castor oil packs are in use for a very long time for reducing inflammation and increasing circulation at the point of application. One of the major benefits of castor oil is it keeps lymphatic system healthy, which is very important to cleansing the body. Castor oil also promotes healthy function of the kidneys, bowel, intestine, thyroid gland, ovaries and uterus.
When used properly castor oil packs have anti-inflammatory effect that causes fibroids to shrink. When applied castor oil penetrates the skin and relaxes smooth muscle so it penetrates through to the uterus. It is placed on the skin because it helps improve circulation in pelvic region. It also stimulates liver to eliminate toxins, reduces inflammation, relieves pain and improves lymphatic circulation. Good circulation in the pelvic region allows all the nutrients to reach the cells. It also helps all the toxins and inflammatory factors to be eliminated.
A castor oil pack is simply a way to apply castor oil to the skin like you would do with a medicated wrapping. Ideally a piece of wool flannel saturated with castor oil is applied to the area where improved circulation is needed. Besides helping with reducing inflammation and pain, there is considerable evidence of shrinking various types of fibroids, cysts on the ovaries, and even kidney stones.
Perform a patch test to ensure that you have no allergic reaction to castor oil. Castor oil pack shall be applied for four days consecutively each week and take a rest for other three days. Evaluate the effectiveness after a month to ensure progress.
How to use Castor Packs
1. Fold cloth into two to three layers to suit over your lower abdomen and put it within the container.
2. Soak the cloth in enough castor oil and squeeze out any excess oil from the cloth
3. With abdomen uncovered, lay down on your back, elevate legs and feet with a large pillow.
4. Lay the cloth (folded into 3 layers) on your abdomen so that it is completely covered.
5. Put a plastic sheet over the pack on your abdomen and put a heating pad over it
6. To insulate the heat, cover the pad or bottle with some cloth or towel
7. Maintain a medium heat and leave the pack on for 30-60 minutes.
8. Remove the pack and wash the oil off your skin
Jamaican Black Castor oil for Fibroids Natural Treatment
Castor oil is made from a seed by cold press application which results in a clear oil extract. Jamaican black castor oil is dark brown and contains ashes mixed with the oil which results from roasting, crushing and then boiling the seeds into an extract. There are several brands of this oil is available online for purchase. Many women has confirmed the effectives of this oil and worth the try.